RCPCH Global Links ProjectKenya Paediatric Association (KPA), Royal College of Paediatric and Child Health (RCPCH) – UK partnership
Objective: To establish an exchange program between Kenyan paediatricians and UK paediatric trainees in order to contribute to improvement of child health globally.
This involves coordination of placements for Kenyan paediatricians to get visiting fellowships in UK hospitals in specialty of choice. Coordination of placements for UK paediatric doctors to get voluntary placements in Kenyan hospitals for visiting fellowships in tropical paediatrics and child health.
Duration: Three years starting in 2012.
- Under RCPCH-Global Links –KPA partnership- Ten Kenyan Paediatricians have had visiting fellowships in UK hospitals of 4-6 weeks. All their accommodation, flights expenses were paid for.
- Six Kenyan paediatricians were sponsored to participate in the RCPCH annual scientific conference.
- Six UK doctors have been on placements of 6-12months working as volunteers at Mama Lucy Kibaki General Hospital, Nairobi, Kiambu General Hospital, Nanyuki General Hospital, Chogoria Mission Hospital.
- Two UK Paediatric trainees were trained in ETAT+ and Generic Instructors course run by KPA. They are equipped to train in Low income settings.
- Two UK Paediatric trainees were sponsored to participate in KPA annual scientific conference.
- RCPCH and KPA executive officers have held meetings to explore further areas of common interest in strengthening the two professional associations to achieve their vision of being global leaders in paediatric and child health.
Other KEPRECON Projects